- Government is committed to the expansion of medical education facilities and institutions to ensure that students from all sections of society have adequate opportunities to meet their aspirations for higher education.
- Government is committed to provide adequate resources required to create the additional facilities and expand existing facilities.
- Government has already established an oversight committee which will make specific recommendations for expanding and providing facilities to enhance opportunities for higher education, including medical education.
- An expert group consisting of Directors / Deans / Principals of medical institutions would go into the details and give specific recommendations for enhancing the facilities at the medical institutions. Medical students are welcome to give their views and suggestions to the Expert Group.
- The total number of seats available in the medical institutions under the Central Government for non-reserved categories will not be reduced. Reservation of 27% seats for OBCs will be implemented in educational institutions under the purview of the Central Government beginning from the academic session commencing in June 2007. The period upto June 2007 will be utilized for developing / creating the necessary infrastructure and other facilities (including teaching faculty and other staff) corresponding with the overall increase in the number of seats, so that there will be no reduction in the total seats available for general category students.
- For ensuring the quality of teaching, appropriate measures including relaxation in the age of retirement of Professors, will be taken up so that the services of qualified faculty remain available.
- Government has taken note of the various concerns expressed by the medical students and their demand for constituting an Expert Committee / Commission and will get it examined.
- No action would be taken against the agitating students, interns and resident doctors in any form as regards service break, termination, pay deduction, legal notice.
19total visits,2visits today